View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:49 am

Forum rules

No references to illegal activities, no illegal activities of any kind, no excessive badmouthing towards other users, no badmouthing of other companies.

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Long term effects of using isochronic tones 

well from what i've been reading about meditation, I got two kinds or techniques which seem to be adequate: breathing and candle.
In the breathing one so far I'm having difficulty because thinking if my breathing I find it really bad, shallow, constructed and so far couldn't do much about it. Tried just counting, but usually rather quickly I get distracted by thoughts. This distraction by wandering thought is the hardest part for me so far. But I could already improve a bit I think by just saying to myself each time not to think, leave it now think about it later or just "you're thinking!". Maybe some tone could help with that. What I found interesting, and might be related to me being a musician, is that often once I get less thoughts distracting me I start hearing music I'm currently studying (obviously this is also a thought). I find that to be way more stubborn and so far too hard to get rid of.
The candle gazing technique which tried even less, because it was a complete failure. I really couldn't stop wandering in my thoughts for more than a second is two.
I understand it's two different kinds of meditation maybe they would thus benefit from different kinds of iso-tones.
That said how can I know in the website about each tone what brainwave pattern or frequency it uses? Most of them don't say it, or am I missing something?

Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:46 pm
Iso-Tones Regular

Meditation techniques aren't universal. This means one might work for me but not for you. You must find one that suites you or even create a routine of your own.

Don't force yourself to not think. Just that is thought. The more you fight, the more you'll fail. Instead of fighting against it, direct it to where you want it to take you.

Breathing meditation is essencial a it lowers your heartdbeats, reducing the oxigen in your brain cells making you feel fuzzy, heavy and relaxed. That's what happens after you fall asleep. But it has to be natural. Just breathe in for seven seconds, hold for another seven seconds and exhale for another seven seconds. Do this 7 times and focus on that. Hear your breathing. This is the 7 X 7 Technique. There's a lot more.

Take a look to these sites:

http://home.att.net/~meditation/MeditationHandbook.html

http://www.meditationsociety.com/108meds.html

you will find here some example of techniques which you could use.

You can also use isonchronics to induce relaxation of the body so it will be easier to meditate and focus.

Most of the files won't talk frequency because unless you understand how it will affect your brain it will be pretty useless information. The important matter is what they were designed for.

Peace

Namaste
Zeeman

Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:04 pm

Normally, when I meditate I first get comfortable, do progressive muscle relaxation(tense a muscle, relax it, tense it, relax it, move on to next muscle until your totally relaxed head to toe), and the Bagha(from the American Monk free meditation course ...*tries to think of a way to explain what the is* *googles* http://www.theamericanmonk.com/customers/support/article?id=987 ).

Then if I'm listening to a isochronic tone(or nothing at all), instead of like a guided meditation, I just focus on my breathing and heartbeat while listening.

Breathe in, one heartbeat, two heartbeats, three heartbeats, four heartbeats, five heartbeats, six heartbeats, seven heartbeats, eight heartbeats. Breathe out, one heartbeat, two heartbeats, three heartbeats, four heartbeats, five heartbeats, six heartbeats, seven heartbeats, eight heartbeats.

etc... you get the idea. Easy to do, easy to focus on and keep my mind from drifting off to ponder what's on TV or something, and relaxing. Just remember to keep it relaxed, don't be like turning blue in the face, if you can't go that long, go a shorter time.

Oh and speaking of long term affects, I've found even when I'm not actually meditating, just listening while reading, or watching tv, I still seem to get the good stuff. My blood pressure is like 110/65 despite the fact that my blood must be half salt/half caffeine the way I eat...

Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:02 pm
Iso-Tones Regular

I think I might be able to lay a couple things down here that can help you in your quest for long-term effects.

If you're looking for hemispheric synchronization (look it up if you don't already know what it is) then definitely go for binaural beats, I have the first cd from equisync, which seems to have hemispheric synchronization as a major goal.

I had been wondering for a while if isochronics and binaurals do the same job for this synchronization, so I searched for a while, and once I found two sources that was all the convincing I needed... binaurals do a much better job of synchronization because of the way they work, while isochronics and monaurals work better (or at least faster) purely for entrainment purposes, so it depends on what you want.

Hopefully I helped a little, but I'm not sure if what I said really answered much.

Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:49 am

Hemispheric sync does sound interesting - I didn't realize this was a disadvantage of isochronic tones compared to binaurals.

Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2